Throwing it back to one of our website revamps, for our client – Mahindra Susten. Susten joined our client base in 2015. Ever since then we’ve successfully completed many such projects for them, from managing their social media to revamping their website; and everything in between.
When Mahindra Susten first consulted us for revamping their website we approached it with a simple 3-step plan.
- First, we began by understanding the viewing patterns of the current visitors.
- Mahindra Susten is one of the leading brands in the renewable energy industry, hence we made it our priority that the website meets the international design benchmarks.
- In this stage, the team brainstormed to develop an awesome game plan! We first defined our audience intent funnel.
- And then worked towards designing the information structure and user navigation.
- Now it came down to actually putting into force a fully functional and user-friendly website.
- We began the design process with the smallest of screens: a mobile. And coded SEO friendly site.
- It was an interactive, minimal and scalable website that had a realistic and lively vibe to it.
- Additionally, we designed a marketing dashboard for the Mahindra Susten team to keep track of all the marketing analytics.
- We also created a content management system for them, a backend platform for better management.
With seamless user flow and navigation at the heart, we created a minimal design that makes it easier for all stakeholders to identify and understand relevant information on the website. The users are greeted with a hero banner that talks about key pillars of the brand and what it has to offer. The users can then browse through the homepage to get a brief understanding of the brand and its offerings. On the left side, we integrated a mini menu that allows the user to hover and choose inner sections to quickly navigate inside. This was made keeping in mind the returning users who are well versed with the website and want to go to desired pages quickly. For the new users, we kept a traditional mega menu that showcases all sections and pages in one big menu. This will help new users to navigate to relevant pages with just 2 clicks. Two tools were provided; a solar calculator for industry visitors to use to measure their assets’ potential and an interactive chatbot to circulate the right information quickly.
The new website’s ease of navigation increased the average monthly sessions by 55%. Bettering the internal configuration of the website increased the average organic monthly visitors of the website by an astounding 73%. External SEO links were added to the website to improve SEO, it increased the total number of external links by 84%. A high bounce rate often shows a site’s inability to hold on to a viewer’s attention. We optimized the website in such a way that the bounce rate went down by an impressive 16%. Domain and page authority contributes to the rankings of the website, we strengthened domain authority by 2 points and page authority by 13. Our efforts in making the site more user-friendly resulted in an increase in the average time spent by a visitor on the website by 84%.
The above statistics make us feel positive about the future performance of the website. It seems that revamping the website with a different approach paid off well for the client! We feel positive about the performance of the website so far.